photo siri_home.png    photo siri_herandhim.png    photo siri_photography.png    photo siri_ibelieve.png    photo siri_shop_zpsf1c12f66.png    photo siri_contact.png

Welcome To Alma Ward

Two Sundays ago we went to church and I got this funny feeling that Brother Slade was going to give us a talk. So I told Lance to give our tithing to another counselor and we slipped away into Sunday School. We had a great lesson about Christ and I was carefree and intently listening until after the closing prayer when I saw Brother Slade with his head through the door gesturing for us to come meet with him... He caught us. :) Not that I mind, but I knew it was going to happen. So last Sunday Lance and I gave our first church talks as husband and wife. We got to introduce ourselves to our new ward as well- Alma Ward in Mesa. My talk was about testimony and Lance's talk was about the atonement. Just to leave you with a piece of what we shared here is a quote from Lance talk:

Bruce R. McConkie stated in his last testimony:

"And now, as pertaining to this perfect atonement, wrought by the shedding of the blood of God—I testify that it took place in Gethsemane and at Golgotha, and as pertaining to Jesus Christ, I testify that he is the Son of the Living God and was crucified for the sins of the world. He is our Lord, our God, and our King. This I know of myself independent of any other person.
I am one of his witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears.But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God’s Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way."


We testify that that is true. Our Savior lives and He loves us. He atoned for our sins that we might return to live with him again. He lives.