photo siri_home.png    photo siri_herandhim.png    photo siri_photography.png    photo siri_ibelieve.png    photo siri_shop_zpsf1c12f66.png    photo siri_contact.png

A Pinch of Perspective

To say that school is stressful would be the understatement of the century. I have so much to do each day that I almost have to schedule in time to sleep. I have 16 credit hours of school (not one class under three hours), one full day of student teaching each week, three part time jobs (chick fil a, home care, and my photography business - hoping photography will take over the other two), I am second counselor in young womens (thank goodness I love my girls!), and I am a wife. I have to balance all those things, which was working out fine until I (along with all the other girls in my cohort in the teaching program as ASU) realized that they are not sparing us with the loading on of homework. It's ridiculous to me that you can have two to four hours of homework a week for each class that is already three hours long... not to mention that when you finish said hours of homework, you don't have time to breathe because you need to be working ahead on more. This week in one of the tech classes five girls burst into tears when homework was assigned... Yeah I'm not exaggerating. It's like they are trying to break us. Anyway, I have been really struggling with it. Then last night, I was driving home with Kacey (the girl I carpool with) and she told me all about her conversion story. Somehow her words melted away a little of the stress and replaced it with perspective. I was so touched that through her words, the Spirit reminded me of what is important in life. I can't do everything, but I can sure do my best. After that, it's all in Heavenly Father's hands. The gospel is important. It is my joy. I am so blessed to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, a warm bed at the end of a long day, and loving arms that I get to come home to forever and ever. There is beauty all around me in my life and I will not let my vision be clouded. All I needed was a pinch of perspective. Thanks Kacey.



P.S. Don't forget about my Fall Photoshoot Giveaway Contest! To enter click here! It's going to be awesome!