photo siri_home.png    photo siri_herandhim.png    photo siri_photography.png    photo siri_ibelieve.png    photo siri_shop_zpsf1c12f66.png    photo siri_contact.png

A Weekend I Needed

This weekend was something that we Mormons call General Conference. It's when our prophet (yes just like in the Bible there is a prophet an twelve apostles) and his apostles give talks and there is a worldwide broadcast of it. There are four sessions in two hour increments (two on Saturday and two on Sunday) where they speak about things that they have been prompted to tell us because they receive revelation from God for our day. It's amazing and it fills me with strength to hear their words. Here is a short clip from Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf who is the 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency (meaning is the Prophet and his two counselors). I love the message that he shares here. Imagine a whole weekend of hearing beautiful messages like this:



So we were able to watch General Conference at my parents' house on Sunday. I also didn't have my camera so I apologize for all the phone pictures. It was so nice to be with my family. Mathea sat and snuggled Claire (her dog) the whole time. She also had gotten those stickers that are nail polish that you just stick on and file off the extra and you have a gorgeous coat of nail polish that is already dry. She let me try it too! LOVE! That stuff rocks!



Then, as my family does every Sunday, we read scriptures in Swedish. Scripture reading is a daily thing, but usually only on Sundays do we do it in Swedish since my mom is the one reading during the week and she doesn't like to read Swedish. Anyway I snapped this cute picture of Lance and Jonas reading together. I missed the part where Jonas was laying on him and reading over his shoulder. It was so cute... I love how my siblings love my husband and he loves them. It means so much to me.



Finally we came home after a weekend of being totally edified and uplifted by God and got a good night's rest. This is my crazy hair because my mom french braided it when I was over at their house. I am so grateful that we have a prophet and apostles on the earth today to lead us and guide us.