photo siri_home.png    photo siri_herandhim.png    photo siri_photography.png    photo siri_ibelieve.png    photo siri_shop_zpsf1c12f66.png    photo siri_contact.png

Nashville Day Two

So on day two of our trip to Nashville, we went to the national Civil War Relic Convention. My dad (who digs and collects relics) was super excited. He has passed on the fascination in the Civil War to me, so I always enjoy things like that. But to my dad, it's like Disneyland! Here's the hubby in a Civil War cap.
After a few hours at the convention, my mom, Lance, and I left my dad there to go explore a nearby city called Franklin. The wind was blowing and Lance made me stop in a cross walk to take my picture. My silly husband sure does make me feel pretty...
We grabbed lunch at a place called Mellow Mushroom. Their pizza was delicious!
We window shopped and it was just perfect...
We then went back to pick up my dad. I saw this shirt and thought it was pretty hilarious!
Loved this little gazebo outside of the convention... Chilly air and Christmas lights.
After the convention, we went into Nashville again to go see the ICE show. Each year ice sculptors come from all over the world and spend months carving an entire story from colored ice. Two years ago my dad and I went to see it and they had each scene from Charlie Brown carved out of larger-than-life-size colored ice. They give you giant blue jackets to wear because it's so freezing to keep the ice perfectly frozen! This year it was Madagascar!

One room was a giant carving that made four ice slides!
Isn't this neat! Completely made of ice!
The whole thing was super neat and if you never go to Nashville in December go see ICE by the Opryland hotel!
Speaking of the Opryland hotel, it's incredible! There is a river running through the inside of the hotel with the biggest Christmas tree ever... Not to mention the city inside of it with little stores.
After we visited the hotel we went to grab dinner and saw this on the way! Dukes of Hazzard!
At dinner there was a catfish pond next to us so here is me being a scary catfish. I sure do love Southern food.
We had such a wonderful weekend there and it was a trip to remember for sure!