photo siri_home.png    photo siri_herandhim.png    photo siri_photography.png    photo siri_ibelieve.png    photo siri_shop_zpsf1c12f66.png    photo siri_contact.png

December Recap

So since we have moved and had a crazy winter break, here is a recap of our December! First, Kaj (my brother - the 6' 5" one) came home from Utah for Christmas and we got the first family picture with all of us in it since Lance and I got married last May! I was so glad we were all together!
I got to see Cori when she came to see Lance and I sing! AND we had a fun hang out night catching up!
Lance and I sang in the Voices of Christmas Choir which is an absolutely incredible experience! We are all volunteers and we have a completely volunteer orchestra as well! If you live in Mesa, come next year!
We had our annual Santa Lucia Party! Santa Lucia is a holiday celebrating the Saint of Light for bearing hope and joy in dark times. We celebrate it with all of our Swedish friends and it's always really fun (not to mention all the delicious Swedish food).
At out church Christmas party, Lance sang a Spanish Christmas hymn in a trio! He did great and they liked his deep voice so much that they asked him to stay up there and narrate part of the children's acting out of the Nativity.
I took Lance over to see my Grandparents' (on my dad's side) home because in December it's like a Christmas museum! My Grandma collects antiques and especially Santa things! It was fun to show him all of it!
Lance and I also had the opportunity to have dinner with Sampson and her family! We love them so much and just relish the chance to be around them! Laughter is so contagious in their home! I'm so glad to have Sampson as my bestie!
We had our annual reenactment of of the Nativity story so my siblings and cousins did a great job! My youngest brother, Jonas, was a sheep! :)
On Christmas, my brother, Kaj, was ordained with the priesthood after church and tons of our family showed up to be there for him! It was so fun to have so much of our family together on Christmas!
Then after church, we opened presents and I had to snap one of my dad since he makes great "present opening" expressions.
My big gift from Lance was this time turner from Harry Potter! It was just what I wanted and I love wearing it and seeing other Harry Potter geeks faces when they realize what it is! :)
Lance and I got Jonas just what he wanted too! His very own set of seven different mustaches!
Finally Lance and I made a gingerbread house before he had to leave for work! I put Lance and I on the roof stargazing! It turned out really neat! :)
Overall we had a fantastic December, but very busy! We are now very happily situated in our new apartment!