photo siri_home.png    photo siri_herandhim.png    photo siri_photography.png    photo siri_ibelieve.png    photo siri_shop_zpsf1c12f66.png    photo siri_contact.png

Part 3: When I First Encountered Him

If you haven't read them, here are Part 1 and Part 2...

I sat through the program as skits were performed on stage and anxiously looked across the aisle to where he sat down with his friends. Some part of my mind willed time to speed up so that we could go into the cabin and be just a little closer to each other. I was shaking. It was freezing, so under the pretense of succumbing to the cold, I snuggled under a blanket and blamed my shaking the weather. It wasn’t really the weather though. I was nervously shaking and I couldn’t think why. Actually I could, but I wouldn’t admit it to myself.

When the program finally ended, we went inside the log cabin hall for a dance. I tried to stop shivering as I stood by the fire and my friends chatted away. The music started and across the room I could just see him dancing, this boy that I couldn’t stop thinking about. He was lively… lovely. Everyone on the other side of the room seemed to be gravitating toward him and the life that was emanating from him. I decided that if he was going to notice me in that huge crowd, I would have to be as lively as he was. I would have to be myself. I stopped shivering, I turned to my friends, most of whom weren’t dancing, and I threw myself in the midst of them. I laughed as I did the Cha Cha Slide, the YMCA, the Electric Slide, and never once did I look over at the boy. I knew he was there, sometimes I thought I could even feel his dark eyes on me, but I never turned my head and looked. No matter how badly I wanted to. My friends and I had slowly begun to dance toward the tables at the back of the room as we grew tired. As one of the songs slowed down, my friend tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around, laughing, to face her. Abruptly I stopped laughing. I was staring into those same dark eyes that I had felt watching me...