photo siri_home.png    photo siri_herandhim.png    photo siri_photography.png    photo siri_ibelieve.png    photo siri_shop_zpsf1c12f66.png    photo siri_contact.png

Here's Your Chance

I heard a story about a week ago from one of my friends. She said that she went to Chick Fil A with her kids and husband to grab some dinner. When she pulled up to the window, the cashier informed her that the car in front of her had paid for all of her food. My friend then asked to pay for the car behind her as well. Beaming, the cashier told her that this had been going on for about ten cars now. This story really struck me. "Wow," I thought, "Would I be the kind of person who would keep the chain going and pay for the car behind me? What if it was a huge van full of people?" I wanted to say that I would, but I didn't really know. I was so amazed that some people have that goodness in them to do something loving for a stranger and not need recognition. I mean, I know plenty of people who are wonderful people, but what about the ones I don't know? In a way, you could say it reminded me that there are loving and great people everywhere who we simply haven't met yet. Every day (literally) I have thought about that story and wondered what I would do, hoping that I would be unafraid to give...

Today was not a very easy day. Exhausting and frustrating in fact. Around dinner time, I went to Chick Fil A to grab some nuggets before heading to work. As I pulled up to the drive through window, the cashier told me that the car in front of me had paid for my meal. I tried to turn my face away from her as my mind reeled with the incredible, tiny destiny of this moment and tears welled up in my eyes. It was as though my Heavenly Father was saying, "Here's your chance. A small act of kindness can define who you are." I turned to look at her, knowing there were several people in the car behind me, and said, "I'd like to pay for the order of the car behind me then." She smiled a smile just like I imagined the cashier smiling from my friend's experience. As I pulled out of the drive through, I then pulled over and took a moment to cry a little and dry my eyes. I was glad that I had been brave enough to be kind, but more than that, I was oddly (and strongly) affected by the idea that someone had selflessly paid for my meal on a bad day. I felt only gratitude... And my nuggets were delicious. So here's my challenge to you: The next time you go to eat somewhere, whether it be in a drive through or a sit down restaurant, try picking up someones bill. It's amazing to know that someone who doesn't even know you, cares.