photo siri_home.png    photo siri_herandhim.png    photo siri_photography.png    photo siri_ibelieve.png    photo siri_shop_zpsf1c12f66.png    photo siri_contact.png

Inspiration at Its Finest

To start off, I am pretty bummed about whatever is going on with GFC
(Google Friend Connect)
which is where I have all of my followers. 
I made a Bloglovin button, so please follow! 
I will definitely follow you back! :)

And moving on...
Lately I was able to do something that inspired me,
so please read the whole post.
I attended the Holocaust Convention for Educators 
for the fourth year in a row. 
It's mind blowing every time 
to hear the survivors stories 
and the messages that they pray that we pass on to the next generation.

Here is a picture from last year of my dad, husband, and I with
three of Holocaust survivor friends, one of whom I'm lucky enough to have
as a sort of third grandma. :)
You can read her story in her mother's book:
The Enduring Spirit


The neat thing is that, 
well, 
I have an awesome dad, 
who likes to make friends with everyone.
SO
we are friends with a lot of the Holocaust survivors.
We have dinner with them,
and yeah, 
it makes me feel humbled to hear their wisdom 
and see their strength.

Here are some of the inspirational people that I heard speak this year and their messages:

I met Oskar Knoblauch and bought his book:
A Boy's Story - A Man's Memory
Surviving the Holocaust
I've  had the privilege of hearing him speak before and he remembered me,
which was neat. :)
His stories were incredible and heart wrenching,
and he told us,
"Protect your freedom because without it, you are nothing."
How blessed we are to be in a land that is free.

 My family is also good friends with Annette,
who was another speaker at the convention.


She was born in a Displaced Persons camp after the Holocaust to two Holocaust survivor parents.
She was so malnourished that when her family arrived to the US,
the doctor said that she would have been dead in just a few more hours.
She spoke about what it was like growing up in a home of four Holocaust survivors
(her parents and her aunt and uncle).
Even though her stories were painfully difficult to imagine she said,
"My parents taught me to live and to love. For that I'm thankful."

We also heard Dr. Alex White speak,
who also remembered me from previous years.
He is a survivor who was on Schindler's List.
(watch the movie, it's amazing)
He shared three important points with us to pass on to others:
1. "The Holocaust wouldn't have happened if the world hadn't been indifferent. Do NOT be indifferent."
2. "Make something of yourself."
3. "Be a Mensch."
In case you don't know what a Mensch is,
it means a person of integrity and honor.
His book is called:
Be A Mensch

Each year, I am inspired by the many different survivors who come to speak,
and the ones who I get to visit with regularly share such things with me,
so as to make my heart twist and turn until it has promised to itself,
to pass on the messages they share,
and to NEVER be indifferent.

People ask me why I listen to their stories,
and read their books,
and watch their films,
if I already know what happened
and that it was horrible.
Why keep listening, reading, and watching?

Because if I don't,
I become indifferent.
I forget their stories when I am caught up in the busy days
of my life.

I can never forget them, 

because they have personally urged me to share their messages.
They have charged me and all those within the reach of their words,
to stand as guardians of the human race,
to protect freedom,
to never become indifferent,
to show kindness every single day,
to make the world more beautiful.

I urge you to read their stories.
And share their messages.
Heck, I'll even get books signed for you!
But you need to know,
and the world needs to know.
They have picked up the broken pieces of their lives after torture,
heartbreak,
starvation,
and so much more,
and they have become voices for the greatness inside of human souls.

Never become indifferent
and be a mensch.
 post signature
 photo facebook.png photo instagram.png photo blank.png photo twitter.png photo mail.png photo pinterest.png