photo siri_home.png    photo siri_herandhim.png    photo siri_photography.png    photo siri_ibelieve.png    photo siri_shop_zpsf1c12f66.png    photo siri_contact.png

On Getting Huge & Still Dating

Well I am now in week 26 (month six) of pregnancy...
That's pretty weird to say. 

You know this scene from Harry Potter?


 Well I think it accurately describes how I feel most of the time.
People keep saying, "Aww cute belly," 
and I tell myself that maybe the idea that I have a cute baby in my tummy
acts a shield for people to see me as I feel (see above picture).
I look cute because I am doing something great, even though I don't feel cute.

However it works out, I am grateful each time someone says it,
because it reminds me that I am doing something wonderful.

Here is the belly picture from Week 25.
And yes, be impressed that my husband drew the whole board,
even the three papayas. 


So what's actually going on with on my belly?

Well, first of all, Little Muppet loves to move...
Big time.
In the middle of the night she wakes me up to party constantly.

She loves to stretch her legs and arms out so that I have to lean back and my eyes water.

I crave a piece of provolone cheese randomly at night.

I felt her have hiccups for the first time the other day. 

At a 24 week ultrasound, Little Muppet spent the entire 30 minutes sucking with her tongue and lips,
while moving her hand around her face, trying to get a finger in her mouth to suck on. 
It was adorable.

This is the first week that a few stretch marks have showed themselves,
but hey, I knew they were coming sooner or later no matter how much lotion I put on nightly.

Little Muppet also wakes up purposely every night when daddy starts reading a story to her.
She kicks the whole time.
When he stops reading, she usually just goes right back to sleep. 

We have been playing her "Safe & Sound" by Capital Cities because we love the song so much.

Anyway, as I have been steadily growing larger,
and feeling more restricted in my movements, 
and having less balance in general,
I have felt less able to do some things that I normally do.

I have a lot less energy to go out and do things at the end of the day.
SO I am really happy that my husband has put together fun weekly date nights
and still taken me out  so that I could feel a little normal.

One of our date nights this month was to the AZ State Fair!
We did it on a budget too!
We went on a Wednesday night so we could get free entry with 3 cans of food
for the food drive.
We allotted $20 to rides and games,
and decided we would choose 1 food item to share.

We ended up playing ring toss, bounce the ball into the cup, and throw the quarter onto the circle.
We chose strawberry funnel cake as our treat for the night.
We explored the animal exhibits with cows, chickens, goats, pigs, etc.
We saw a camel, an alligator, and a MASSIVE pig.
We checked out the free animatronic Ice Age exhibit with really neat animals.
We watched the free Secret Circus show, which was pretty funny.


But my favorite part of the whole night,
was the ferris wheel.
Probably about ten years ago,
I wrote a bucket list,
long before I ever knew Lance or what my future held.

One of the things on my list was:
Kiss my husband at the top of a ferris wheel.

So that night,
I got to check that off of my list.
We picked the biggest of the three ferris wheels in the park.
We just so happened to get on during the ten minutes of sunset.


And we kissed at the top.


It couldn't have been a more perfect date.

I am so glad that I married the man I did.
He loves me so much,
and he keeps doing all that he can to make me feel that magic that we have,
and help me feel beautiful when I am big and pregnant.

What a lucky girl I am.
October 2013 couldn't have been better.

post signature
 photo facebook.png photo instagram.png photo blank.png photo twitter.png photo mail.png photo pinterest.png