Happy Thursday and Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Instead of sharing a Things I Love Thursday post this week,
I thought it would be more appropriate to share a delicious recipe!
If you need something quick, easy, and delicious to add
to your Thanksgiving spread
then my cauliflower soup would be perfect!
Also, I'm a picky eater sometimes,
so I've adapted most of my recipes to remove a lot of things that
classic picky eaters don't like!
- 2 1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- Put ingredients above together in a pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and simmer for approximately 16 minutes.
- Smash mixture until the texture is how you prefer it. (I like to leave some small chunks, but you can puree it all the way if you like.)
- Once everything is smashed and blended, stir in the following.
Finish off with:
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
Add salt and black pepper to your bowl at your own preference!