Happy December everyone!
I love the Christmas season and all of the fun, family time,
and reminders of my Savior, Jesus Christ, and his birth that it brings.
One thing I love to do is make treats for others
and I know I am always excited when our friends leave us cookies or treats for the holidays.
Over the years I've loved coming up with different DIY treats/gifts
to make for our friends and this one has always been a winner!
I present "The Pooping Reindeer."
I know, I know. He's amazing. :)
He always makes everyone laugh
and he poops Whoppers so he's pretty much the best.
To make your own pooping reindeer, here's what you'll need:
- Felt: Brown, Red, and White
- A white pom pom
- Two brown pipe cleaners
- A carton of Whoppers candy
- A hot glue gun with glue sticks
Here's how to do it:
- Start by poking a hole in the back of the Whopper carton (I used a personal serving sized carton) and cutting a circle. Leave the top of the circle uncut so that it's like a flap. Make sure a Whopper can fit through the hole.
- Next wrap your brown felt around the carton and cut it to fit. Poke a hole through the felt where it will go over the circular flap and cut it to fit over the flap.
- Hot glue your felt around the carton by putting a strip of hot glue up each corner. Add a dab of hot glue to attach the felt flap to the circular carton flap.
- Cut out brown felt to fit over the top of the carton and hot glue it on.
- Cut out two small triangles of brown felt and hot glue them in the sides where the carton is still exposed under the top part.
- Bend your brown pipe cleaners to form antlers to your liking and then hot glue them into the crease under the top part of the carton (as pictured).
- Cut out eyes from the white felt (I cut mine in an M shape) and hot glue them onto the front.
- Cut out a red nose from the red felt and hot glue it on the front as well.
- Use a Sharpie marker to draw pupils and a smile onto your reindeer.
- Finally, take the white pom pom and hot glue it onto the flap as a handle to open it to retrieve Whoppers.
- Your pooping reindeer is complete and ready to deliver to your friends!
I hope you've enjoyed this DIY craft!
All needed items were purchased from Micahel's
and the Whoppers were purchased from Target.
Stay tuned to see more DIY craft ideas for the holidays
and check out Kara's blog (my talented blogger friend)
for a fun DIY ornament post I'm doing there soon!