photo siri_home.png    photo siri_herandhim.png    photo siri_photography.png    photo siri_ibelieve.png    photo siri_shop_zpsf1c12f66.png    photo siri_contact.png

The Stuff of Dreams

There are moments in my life where time seems to slow down 
and my eyelashes take an eternity to meet.
I don't want them to end because in them I see my life as if from afar. 
I see ups and downs so clearly
and yet I know that they cannot stops me from reaching joy.
I see my faults and I see my strengths through new eyes
and I realize that I am perhaps better than I think. 
I am not perfect, 
but I don't need to be perfect to be loved. 
It is in these moments where light pours out of me 
like sunshine through a cracked window. 
The cracks are there, 
but the light still shines through them.
My arms can't reach wide enough apart to show how much I am feeling. 
It is in these moments that I see my heart comes
spiraling from my chest like a great pools of illuminated water 
reaching out to touch those I hold most dear. 
Life can cloud my focus 
and fill my mind with worries, 
but these moments are a gift
to remind me of what my name truly is.
I am not stress, 
or work to be done.
I am not pain,
or sorrows to dwell upon. 
I am love. 
Love to pour into the souls around me. 
Love to shine into every crevice of the hearts of those in my way.
Love to pierce the darkest of moments 
and love to fill this world with goodness. 
I am imperfect and flawed
but in these fleeting moments, 
I see perfection in the selfless love that has built the foundation of my life
and been given to me 
and given by me. 
In these moments I breathe in and hold my breath as long as I can, 
so that when the moments end, 
I will remember the taste of them,
Sweet and filling. 
A voice whispers to me in these moments,
"Write again."
So I write to remind myself that
Moments like this make life worth living. 
They are the stuff of dreams.

- Siri

Thanks for being so many of my moments, Sampson.
post signature
 photo facebook.png   photo instagram.png   photo blank.png   photo twitter.png   photo mail.png   photo pinterest.png