photo siri_home.png    photo siri_herandhim.png    photo siri_photography.png    photo siri_ibelieve.png    photo siri_shop_zpsf1c12f66.png    photo siri_contact.png

Guest Post: Stuffed Apple Slices

Hello there! 
My name is Kara and I'm the crafty mom blogger behind Mine for the Making- a blog with crafts, recipes, DIY projects, travel, motherhood, and so much more. I wear many hats... I'm a blogger, homeschooler, handmade shop owner, and I teach children's cooking classes from home. I am so excited to guest post here at Pumpkin Thieves and Buffalo Wings today, thanks to sweet Siri! Today I am going to share a really fun recipe you can make with your kids! It's always great getting the kids involved in the prepping and even cooking of a meal. This recipe is a great healthy snack and an easy one for kids preschool age and up to make. Check out these Stuffed Apple Slices... it's one of the many awesome recipes in the Children's Culinary Institute curriculum.

  cci5  

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 large apples
  • 1 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew, etc)
  • 1 tbsp raw honey (local is the best)
  • 2 tbsp mini carob chips
cci7

Using an apple coring tool, core the apples and dry out the centers with a paper towel. If you don't feel comfortable with the little ones using the coring tool, you can take over that step and have the kids dry out the centers when you're done.

cci1

Next mix all ingredients (except the apples) in a mixing bowl.

cci2
   
Using a spoon or a butter knife, fill the center of the apples with the nut butter mixture. Stuff them good!! Wrap them with plastic wrap and stick them in the fridge for an hour (I set the timer so I don't forget). After an hour, remove the pastic wrap and slice apples in thin slices. Serve!

cci3

Look at that proud, satisfied smile! Having kids involved in the cooking process often encourages them to try new things and make healthier choices. And this snack is a great no-cook, no-bake recipe which is perfect for summer time when you don't want to heat up the house and you want to give the kids something fun to do. 
As mentioned before, this recipe (and lots of others) can be found in the Children’s Culinary Institute curriculum. I have been a CCI instructor for 4 years now and I will be the first to tell you that I LOVE it. I am able to use the CCI curriculum and be apart of an exclusive team of instructors (nation wide!) who continue to support and help you grow. I can make my own hours and work right from home doing something I love- teaching kids of all ages how to make healthy choices and how to cook and bake. This is an important life skill that so many kids miss out on since it’s often not something offered in schools anymore. Cooking and baking incorporate math, reading comprehension, and science all while learning how to prepare healthy meals and snacks. We have themed months, cooking competitions, field trips, and the kids can even progress through the courses and move up in apron colors. They absolutely LOVE it. Their sense of accomplishment after starting with raw materials and then creating something that they can eat and enjoy… that’s priceless. If you follow me on social media, you have had an inside peek to lots of my kids cooking classes and how fun they really are!


Interested in learning more about becoming a CCI instructor? 
Click HERE and fill out the form at the top of the page. 

Interested in finding classes for your kids in your area? 
Click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.
Thanks so much for having me today! Please feel free to visit me at Mine for the Making for more kid-friendly crafts and recipes.
signature